Iope Air Cushion XP Review

6:31 AM


Iope Air Cushion XP
Hello! :D
I'm back with a review of a cushion foundation from IOPE, the IOPE Air Cushion XP. This is an upgraded version of the IOPE Sunblock Cover EX. I have a high expectation on this because it's the best selling cushion foundation in Korea! Iope is under Amore Pacific and because this cushion foundation was a huge hit, they also made different versions of cushion foundation for the other brands under them like Hera, Laneige, Etude House, etc. A lot of companies copied this cushion concept, if you search on google you will see tons. ^^
For those who are not famiiar with cushion foundations, it is basically a cushion soaked in foundation,  it can be bb or cc cream too, housed in a chunky compact. It also has a second lid/compartment for the puff and also to keep the foundation from drying, to keep it fresh(?), it also comes with a special puff called the "air puff". It is specially made for cushion foundations as it doesn't absorb that much product unlike other puffs and it also gives a really nice finish.
This was sent to me by Ibuybeauti. If you haven't seen my shop review, click HERE. I wrote that review a couple of months back so I wasn't able to mention about Ibuybeauti's "100% Safe Worldwide Shipping" on that post. They will take care of all the tax and other issues caused by customs, Click HERE for more info.
SPF 50 PA+++
Make Up Cushion + Perfect Sunblock + Sweatproof
- Mineral Water XP 30% included for expressing moist skin
- Pore Care and skin recovery with Siberia Peptide 6 Selection and Pore Elastomer
- 3 Vitamins (Vitamin B5, Vitamin E Derivatives and Vitamin P) are included for brightening skin tone
 Box

Iope Air Cushion XP
Iope Air Cushion
Iope Air Cushion
Iope Air Cushion 
Iope Air Cushion XP
 I got the shade N21, the lightest shade.
There are actually 3 types:
N stands for Natural
C stands for Cover
S stands for Shimmer
Natural and Cover comes in 2 shades:
21 - lightest
23 - darkest
Iope Air Cushion XP
 Ibuybeauti doesn't sell this with a refill. As you can see there's still a lot of space because it usually comes with a refill but you don't have to worry about the compact being broken or what because they put bubble wrap on it. ^^
The compact is really classy but a bit bulky. Still travel friendly.
Iope Air Cushion XP
Iope Air Cushion XP
At the back of the compact you'll see the name of the product, shade, manufacturing date and other infos written in Hangul. XD This will expire after 12 months so you have to use it up because it's either it will get expired or the cushion will get dried. I've only had mine for about a month so I can't really tell if it dries fast but I've read some reviews that it does. Will update this post once I found out if it's true. XD
Iope Air Cushion XP
Here's how it looks like when you open the compact, I really like the mirror, it's big. *o*
Iope Air Cushion XP
Here's the air puff. I have a love and hate relationship with air puffs. lol I love the effect it gives when I use this and it doesn't absorb a lot of product but it's so hard to clean! =_=
Iope Air Cushion XP
Like what I said earlier, you can buy a refill so that you won't have to buy the compact again, buying a refill is also cheaper. You can see "push" at the back so yeah, just push it and tadah you can easily put the refill once your old cushion ran out. Tbh, I think cushion foundations are quite expensive so if you want to save a few bucks, just keep your old compact and just buy a refill of the other cushion foundation that you want to try. ^^
Iope Air Cushion XP
Iope Air Cushion XP
Here's the sticker they used to seal or should I say to keep the foundation from drying out? XD
Iope Air Cushion XP
Tadah~! the newly opened cushion. lol it's blurry. THE SCENT IS SO AMAZING I had to use all caps. I get happy when I open the compact because I love the scent too much. LOL I have Hera and Etude's cushion foundation too and the scent isn't as good as the Iope one despite them being under the same company. The scent faded away now though. I can't smell anything on the cushion now. ;___;
Iope Air Cushion XP
I took it out of the case. ^^
Iope Air Cushion XP
Under natural lighting. As you can see, I already used it. :P
Iope Air Cushion XP
You can clearly see which part of the cushion I used.
Iope Air Cushion XP
This is how the cushion looks like up close.
Iope Air Cushion XP
Yes, I took a lot of photos of the cushion. lol 
Iope Air Cushion XP
using the puff
Iope Air Cushion XP
swatch
Iope Air Cushion XP
You can build the coverage from sheer to medium. If you want more coverage, I'd suggest you to get the "Cover". I haven't tried the Cover yet so I can't tell if it gives full coverage but I'm definitely, absolutely, 100 million% sure that it's better in coverage area than this one. I'm always after the natural look so I'm very happy with this one. :)

I really like this. It has high spf, gives healthy glow, moisturizing, long lasting plus it has other skincare benefits. The first time I applied it, it was slightly lighter than my skin tone but it blended well after a few minutes. My skin looks glowy, like the natural healthy type of glow, I love it. It brightened my skin and it's not cakey. I don't really use foundation but I think it's supposed to be heavy? This one isn't. It feels really light and it looks very natural, it's like you have no make up on. ^^ 
This has a few cons too, first, it's not really the most hygienic product out there. XD You're using a puff on the sponge. The dirt/germs/bacteria on the puff may transfer on the cushion and yes, you can clean the puff but you can't really clean the cushion because it has the foundation in it so the germs will stay there 5ever and it may cause acnes or other skin troubles. Second, the puff. It's hard to clean and because it's especially made for cushion foundations you have to be careful while cleaning it because you might damage it. I think I wash the puff with a cleansing foam for about 6 times and it's still not fully clean. I like my stuffs clean and it's sort of giving me a hard time sometimes. lol Third, this claims to be sweat proof but it isn't. There was this time when my ac was broken and I don't have a fan and I applied this then I started sweating a bit and the foundation came off. So yeah, not sweat proof but it's not really a problem to me, I don't really sweat unless it's super hot. Fourth, I can't think of anything else. lol

Pros:
Moisturizing
Gives a healthy glow
Lightweight
Long lasting
SPF 50 PA+++
Not cakey
Looks very natural
Lovely scent
Cons:
Unhygienic
Not sweatproof like what it claims
 The puff is so hard to clean

Get yours here:

The product mentioned was sponsored by Ibuybeauti. I'm not getting paid to write a positive review. Opinions expressed are based on my own experience and 100% honest.

I recommend this! 
That's it! I hope you guys like this review. 
It still rains here but unlike before, it's quite sunny during AM now and really dark during PM, like 1PM. It rained a bit but I'm so happy that the weather is better now than the past weeks. YAY. Anyway, i still need to get my camera fixed. ;__;

What do you guys think of this product? Have you tried this one or have you tried a similar product to this? :D

You Might Also Like

44 comments

  1. Beautiful pictures again! I would really love to try a cushion foundation. It seems it is very convenient to take around aswell :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D
      Yes, it is travel friendly. You should try it, especially this one. I've been using this for around a month now and I really like this. *o*

      Delete
  2. wow! you took out the cushion ^_^ this looks interesting to me! thanks for the review!

    http://www.ee1988.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I didn't. It's going to be messy. :P
      You're welcome! Thanks for reading Joyce! :)

      Delete
  3. I was debating whether to get this a not. I had the Hera one.

    www.slowbro-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Hera one too. I think I like this one better.. but it's still too early to tell since I've only tried the Hera UV Mist Cushion once. lol I will try to make a comparison review after trying out the Hera one more. ^^

      Delete
  4. I want to try Etude House's version of this. It seems like it would make a good base for foundation or BB cream! #giglove

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cushion looks so weird up close. Very detailed review :)

    mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to try Etude House one, if I do like it, might get this one. This one looks nice too))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hearing so much about cushion bb creams now! *A* The only downside I find with these are that they're not very hygienic. =/ Thanks for the review, Marxie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it this cushion because looks very medium coverage I don´t like the heavy coverage. Second the package looks very elegant even more pretty to me than Etude House BB Cushion. Thanks for your reviewvery detailed like always.
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review, and I didn't know that IOPE Etude House and Hera are from the same company ^_^ Learnt something too~

    <3 Celly
    TheSnowFlowerrr - Beauty and Makeup Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm in love with iope cushion :D but now i love EH's too XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photographies are awesome! They look hella professional! HOW DO YOU DO THAT? I seriously fell in love with your photographs! ;w; You should tell me what editing program you use T^T
    And I think this cushion looks really similiar to the Any cushion by Etude house! I really would like to try tis out if it wasn't so pricey ; n ; But thanks for the review~! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. The review is very well done and I love all the good tips and advice. Not sure I'm going to try it myself...I'm very sticked to my routine products. xxx
    mari

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an interesting product concept! haha I'm not sure I like it because I like my liquid foundations but I am intrigued by it, nonetheless! You are right about it not being very hygienic. I worried about that too! hahaha :)

    - Mich of Mich Eats and Shops

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent photos! I'm not a fan of how it held up to sweat, but the high SPF and natural look are definitely appealing. It's cool that the brand is willing to ship worldwide! It always stinks when I read about a product from an international blogger, only to find that it's not available to me in the United States!

    ReplyDelete
  15. don't know how it would work in humid weather. will it get sticky?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is awesome! Loved the cushion pics... so cute ^^
    And the coverage seems fantastic!

    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never tried an air cushion - Such an interesting concept, I might need to give this a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great beauty and loving the packaging. I've never tried air cushion before just loving its sight <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Never tried or heard about it before, very sleek packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many brands are now doing the bb cushion thing! I've tried Etude House and Laneige and so far, it's amazing! so light but with good coverage :D Kumiko Mae, Filipina Beauty Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  21. saw this kind in holika holika and etude its getting a hype now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow..very interesting product!
    #giglove
    http://patrinesthoughts.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm seeing this bb cushion thing everywhere and I've not tried any! :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh a bb cushion, that is news to me!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the packaging! So classy! The photos are great too!! But I don't really understand the concept.. How does the cushion help the BB cream? I think it would mean wastage of the product soaked in the cushion, wouldn't it? Maybe I don't understand it correctly..

    ReplyDelete
  26. alot of cushion foundations out there...this will be the next big trend >.<

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks interesting. I would love to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great post! Thanks for the detailed review and for all of the photos. It was quite interesting to learn about the cushion concept.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lol on one side I'm really happy you liked the product but on the other side I'M JEALOUS!! Like Korean products are so gorgeous I want to go shopping there just for the packaging! xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like it.
    I never used anything like this before but this doesn't scare me...
    I would love to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow it looks like a great product. Never tried it though. Great review. Thanks for sharing it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm iffy about cushion base makeup even though they are very popular... I can't get over the hygiene issue!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Would love to try that foundation,sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  34. with the first glimpse of it , it looks like a golden colored eye shade to me.... but wow its a foundation.... its sounds interesting .... loving the texture of the cushion ...

    ReplyDelete
  35. So you are saying that all amore pacific brands cushion cases are all the same size, so we can use other brand's refill on one case?

    ReplyDelete
  36. how much is the price of this product? here in the philippines :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi, I'm currently selling it. In korea right now. Will be back to Singapore next week. Selling at $45. Email to cheryl_han88@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. cheers! You have really allured me; I have no words to explain my feelings about your post.
    house cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  39. you can buy it, www.stylekorean.com
    this site sells Laneige, 3CE, Innisfree, Etude House, Nature Republic and so on, with lowest price.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Visit http://www.stylekorean.com, you can buy many different kind of Korean cosmetics. Laneige, Sulwhasoo, Missha, Skinfood, SNP, Its Skin, Nature republic, Whoo, Sum;37, Ohui, Thefaceshop, Tonymoly, Innisfree, 3CE, and so on
    Pricing are lowest and need to pay shipping charge based on weight.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe